Let us help protect your ideas and your business.
At Shigo Law Firm, we defend and prosecute claims of infringement of intellectual property. Intellectual property can take the form of ideas, business plans, products, equations and many other types of property that may seem intangible. However, it is important that these forms of creativity are protected so that entrepreneurs, businesses and even research groups can succeed. If you have been accused of intellectual property infringement, or suspect another party has been using or selling your ideas, you can trust the attorneys of Shigo Law Firm to fight for your rights through arbitration, litigation, mediation and appeals.
Protect Your Intellectual Property
The intellectual property attorneys of Shigo Law Firm represent small businesses, entrepreneurs, corporations, manufacturers, technology-based companies, individuals and research universities and facilities of all industries, both private and public. We are experienced in all forms of intellectual property, particularly those part of the complex industries of science, technology and engineering where a patent, or lack thereof, can make or break a business or discovery.
Intellectual Property Practice Areas
The success of a business, organization or corporation often relies on the innovation and hard work of employees as well as the protection of intellectual property.
- Copyrights: A copyright is the legal right given to an individual, group or business to publish, film, record or print material. Using literary, musical or artistic works without permission may lead to a copyright infringement claim.
- Entertainment Law: This type of law often centers around issues of trademarks, copyright and the “Right of Publicity,” as well as the clearance of rights and many broader law practices. At Shigo Law Firm, we represent clients from all types of entertainment industries, including film, print media, music, publishing, radio, television, theater, and arts and design.
- Internet Law: Also known as cyberlaw, Internet law applies to intellectual property and infringement claims online. Privacy laws, copyright laws, patent trolling, criminal computer misuse, online disclosures, advertising lawsuits and many other forms of online legal issues are covered by Internet law.
- Non-compete Agreements: A non-compete agreement is a contract that prohibits a party from entering into a similar trade or profession that would compete with the established business of the second party. A common example of a covenant not to compete is a contract between an employer and an employee which may place guidelines and time restrictions on the employee to prevent the employee from working for a competitor or starting his or her own business in order to compete with the original employer.
- Patents: A patent is a license or given authority which confers rights for a period of time. This often includes granting a sole right which would prohibit other parties from using, manufacturing or selling the same or similar invention.
- Trademarks: Trademarks are words, symbols and phrases that have been legally registered for use to represent something, usually a product or company. Contact an attorney immediately if a person or business has been using your trademark, as this type of infringement can cause serious damage to a reputation.
Our attorneys offer counsel and representation that covers the many stages of intellectual property laws. Let us help you with patent searches and patent applications, trademark searches and trademark applications, copyright applications, and licensing. We can also help your business protect trade secrets and go after those who put your business at risk by revealing valuable information. We never shy away from litigation, trials or appeals because we understand how important this kind of information can be to the success of an individual, organization or corporation.
At Shigo Law, we also specialize in dealing with methods of business, inventions, materials, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and other innovations. We also have the expertise in evaluating technology and determining patentability.
If you feel that your rights have been infringed, contact the experienced intellectual property attorneys of Shigo Law Firm right away. We work diligently to protect the rights of our clients while pursuing those who have used or taken intellectual property unlawfully.